Although Federer and Nadal are true all-time great players, betting on them won't give you any value this time at Wimbledon...
As for the tournament, it's on schedule from Monday, 1st of July to Sunday, 14th of July, and it will be the 133rd edition of this Grand Slam. It will be the first version of the tournament to feature a tie break also in the final set. Check betting tips and predictions for Wimbledon 2019.
Favourites of Wimbledon 2019: Betting Odds
The favourite to win the men’s singles is Novak Djokovic. He is the defending champion and already has one Grand Slam under his belt this year having won the Australian Open. Federer is the second favourite (@4.30) while Nadal (@6.50) is the third one.
Nadal won in Roland Garros, but we all know that his body is suffering from injuries and at this moment it seems like he is not a big threat at Wimbledon. He is also not going to play grass tournaments before Wimbledon so the sudden change of surface could be a problem for him. He played a really good semi-final match last year against Djokovic but this year his knees are really suffering and it is questionable if he can stay fit throughout the tournament.
With all due respect, Federer does not look like a player able to win a Grand Slam title. He can probably pull off two or three long matches but if we look at the guys such as Djokovic, Nadal, Thiem, Cilic, Del Potro and so on, their level of intensity is just much higher. Cilic, Murray and Zverev are set as fourth favourites, and this does not make any sense.
Murray has just recovered from his hip injury and a long pause, and he could easily lose in the earlier rounds. He is definitely out of form and it is going to be a huge success for him if he could get through the first week of the tournament.
On the other side, Zverev is well known for his bad Grand Slam form. He is already really struggling at the beginning of the grass season and he does not have any consistency lately. Grass has always been his least favourite surface so he just cannot be a real threat at Wimbledon.
Cilic looks like the best pick, because he is a great grass court player. His serve is brilliant and he doesn't like to stay in long rallies, as he is playing always really aggressive while trying to get some easy and fast points. This surface is definitely the best one for him, and it is no accident he reached the final in the past.
Protipsters will post their tips during the tournament for competing prizes including 100$ cash! You can see their tips on Wimbledon betting tips page. If you believe you can beat them start to post your tips and win the prizes. Click to see tipster competition details.
Dark Horse of Wimbledon 2019: Best Value Bet
Marin Cilic is definitely a player to count on. He is a really experienced player, last year he won Queens. When Cilic is playing his best game and when he is consistent in the tournament he is definitely the biggest threat to Novak Djokovic. He showed that at the US Open 2014 when he was literally unstoppable so why would not he repeat it? He showed us that he can play against anyone when playing on his elite level, and he already reached the finals once. Now he can probably even go a step further, although this has not so far been his season. He is definitely a dark horse (odds can be found @32.0) and with these odds, this bet has a huge value.
Betting on Wimbledon: Key Points
- There is no point betting on Nadal, Federer or Murray. Djokovic (2.50) and Marin Cilic are definitely the best options.
- This surface is one of the fastest if not the fastest surface so big guys with big serves can do really well here. Betting 'Over' on games is a really good option when players such as Opelka, Isner or Karlovic are playing.
- In general, typical clay court players are always doing really badly here, because they can not move quickly enough. Also, they usually aren't hard hitters so do not bet on players such as Schwartzman, Pella, Cecchinato...
- Andy Murray, Fabio Fognini and Del Potro are not coming fit into the tournament so be careful. Nick Kyrgios can always surprise when playing against big players but one can never know with him. The best option is to wait and see his first round match, and if he gives his best and if he looks highly motivated than he is a big danger.
- Bet smart, as we are going to see lots of aces, holds of service games and probably lots of games.
If you want to get winning tips during Wimbledon 2019 you can try ProTipster Premium free for 15 days. Our tennis expert posts his tips with explanations and you will get these tips to your inbox directly!
Wimbledon 2019 Live Stream
Are you a tennis lover? Watch Wimbledon matches for free with 1xBet!
1xBet is one of the few bookmakers offering fully free live streams of games. To watch broadcasts you just need to have 1xBet user account. Don't forget to use 1xBet bonus code PROTIPSTER, to receive an enhanced welcome bonus: 100% up to €130.