Live Betting Strategies
Live betting, also known as in-play betting, is getting more and more popular every day. It’s always exciting to make some money from the match that you already started to watch, but there are also many things you should be careful about to make a profit with football betting.
We defined some bullet points to achieve that in your live betting experience.
Common Mistakes about Live Betting
1. At first sight, we can easily say all bookmakers offer shorter odds for live betting comparing the pre-game. When the match starts, the odds get lower immediately. So, the first minutes of the games are not the best time for placing live bets.
2. Don’t judge the match just in a few minutes. The game will be played for almost 90 more minutes. If you tend to bet on a team, try not to make sudden decisions after viewing a tiny part of the game.
3. Don’t chase what you have missed. For example, when you wanted to bet on the next goal and unfortunately, the goal is scored before you bet on it, the most common mistake is to believe one more goal will be scored just based on your feelings.
4. Decide when you need to stop. Especially for goal bets, if the match is played with a high tempo you can continue to bet on the next goals that will be scored. If you can’t find where you need to stop, you'll eventually lose.
What are the best strategies for in-play betting?
1. Before the match starts, create potential bets in your mind for different scenarios. For example, check the teams’ goal-scoring minutes for upcoming fixtures. If you notice that teams are scoring goals later in the match, and you have a low-scoring game, it can be the best match you are looking for!
2. You can win a lot by comebacks from favourites. If the favourite's scoring record is remarkable, but also they are conceding a lot, the betting opportunity can be there. For example, Arsenal conceded the first goal 5 times in the first ten matches of the 2018/2019 season, but they just lost 2 of these matches.
3. Favorites can’t win always. Yes, it’s a bit strange to state just the opposite of what is above, but we should also need to mention that. You should analyze the teams and watch the match if you can. The most common behaviour is betting on favourites if they are not leading already, especially for the last minutes of the game, but maybe doing just the opposite will be more logical. Every match is different from the other so your behaviours shouldn’t be based on they are just the favourite of the clash.
Post your live tips on ProTipster and improve your strategies without spending a penny!