How can I make money at ProTipster?
You need to be realistic, patient and skillful. Do not forget that Rome was not built in one day. You need to build up a reputation for your name even if you already have one at another site. People need to see that you are good before they decide to pay you. Therefore;
- Be realistic: Do not expect people to jump on you and make you drown in cash – good things usually come in time.
- Be patient: Do not think everyone is waiting for you to finally arrive – there are many sites and many tipsters out there so you need to calm down and build a name for yourself slowly. I you are good, people will notice and pay for you. If you are not good enough, at least you will notice that but you will be proud to have tried.
- Work hard: Do your homework, research for reliable info, use your experience and skills to post winners and help people win – you will certainly be rewarded for it. Do not forget that betting is not about having luck, but it is about creating the luck by hard work and control.
In short, work for your reputation and success rather than expecting a miracle to happen.
What are the most important things a ProTipster must pay attention to?
- Controlling emotions: Do not forget that emotions are the biggest enemy of a ProTipster. We often fail to capitalize on our skills in betting because of adrenaline or endorphin – either we are too stressed and nervous, or we are too relaxed and care-free. Either way often ends up in disappointment. Keep your steel nerves and focus – there is no room for emotions if you want to make money with betting.
- Money management: Make sure you read at least some basic articles about money management. You must know when to increase or decrease your stakes or in other words, when to take more or less risk. Otherwise, your skills will not help you make money.
- Have a strategy: You cannot know all competitions and you cannot be good at all betting types. There are many card games but experts choose only one to focus on and master at – same at sportsbetting. You might be excellent at analyzing Asian Handicap markets but you might lose your profit because you waste your time in Score markets where you will never be good at. Pick your expertise and try to excel on it – it is always good to focus on one thing at a time rather than trying to be good at everything. What is your catch?
What should I pay attention to when I am posting Picks?
There are a few things to check and make sure before you post your picks:
- Do not forget that the first 50 characters are visible to everyone as thumbnails. So if you are posting a paid pick, do not reveal your pick during the first 50 characters.
- You must make sure your pick includes at least the market type, your own selection, odds and the bookmaker. Example:
0:1/2 Home win
1.99 / Sportingbet
- Thumbnail could be a powerful tool to sell your Pick – write something to the first 50 characters that will make people want to read the rest and pay for it.
- Make sure the Pick is clear and the language is not complicated – always write some extra stuff but do not exaggerate, people care about the pick in the end, not always the analysis.
- Make sure you selected the correct language and all relevant tags. Mistakes here won’t be good for your overall ratings and image.
- Do not try to fool people because you will regret it dearly. It is possible to lose the hard work and trust of years with a single mistake so keep this in mind – always be true and do not try to cheat for short term gains.
- Price your content wisely, not too low but not too high, either. You are not doing charity but you should not aim to rip people off, either.
- Ask yourself if you would pay for your Pick before publishing it – do not post just to be posting, ever! Do not forget that everyone can rate your FREE Picks and people who paid for your Picks will definitely rate them, so think of long term rather than short term and focus on quality rather than quantity.
How can I create live betting picks?
You do not need to do anything special. ProTipster automatically recognizes that the game is in-running and we will categorize this pick as a live betting pick for you. Just make sure you enter odds that are correct, or people will complain you are trying to fool them. Trust is everything in this business, since all you are trying to do is build a name for yourself.
What should I pay attention to when I am posting Info?
Pretty much the same things as when you are posting a Pick. In addition:
- Check what people requested as Info. Perhaps you can provide them a good Info and make some extra bucks + get a good rating as a quick win!
- As opposed to Picks, people appreciate longer Infos since they pay for Info instead of Pick to make up their own mind. So provide as much as you can but do not repeat yourself.
- Info is a tough product and it requires language skills – do not write Info in English if you are not good at the language. People won’t understand you and they will rate you badly.
How can I do Live Report?
You need to schedule the Live Report first. After scheduling it, you can enter the Live Report screen by going to the event page of the match, selecting "Live Report" tab and clicking on the "eye shaped icon" of your Live Report entry.
There are two components in Live Report:
- Commands that are entered by pressing the buttons
- Comments that are entered by typing free text to the white box
You need to make sure that you know how to use the buttons properly and blend them in with comments to provide a good report to your audience.
Here is a step by step instruction of doing a Live Report:
- Wait for the Flex applet to load. This might take a few minutes depending on your internet connection. If you have issues seeing the applet and the buttons, follow the instructions on the Live Report page.
- Click "Start Live Report" button when you are ready and when it is not more than 30 minutes before the game.
- WARNING: Starting Live Report sends an alert to all members who purchased it so make sure you do this in a timely fashion.
- From this point on, you can type comments (type text in the white box and hit Enter to send it), delete comments you typed or Start the Match.
- WARNING: Starting the match cannot be reversed so please use this when you see the Kick-off of the match only.
- Hit "Start Match" and click "YES" at that pop-up that asks for confirmation. From here on, you can use all buttons and also enter comments.
Here is how the Live Report screen looks like:
There are 8 button sets, one for home and one for away from each. Buttons on the left side are for home team; while buttons on the right side are for away team. These are:
- Attack: Sends "Attack Home" or "Attack Away" command. The usage of this button is subjective. More on this will be explained in a separate chapter.
- Goal: Click when there is a goal.
- Red: Click when there is a red card.
- Yellow: Click when there is a yellow card.
- Penalty: Click when there is a penalty.
- Corner: Click when there is a corner kick.
- Freekick: Click when there is a free kick.
- Shot: Click when there is a shot.
Apart from those, Start and Stop buttons and CANCEL/DELETE COMMAND buttons are there. Start and Stop buttons are used to indicate when the match or second half starts or stops. Cancel/Delete button is used to delete the highlighted comments or commands from the vidiprint screen on the right. There is more information about this in another chapter.
All statistics that are entered will be accumulated under the table below the vidiprint. This part shows the score as well.
How can I use the Attack command?
Attack command is used to indicate that a team is attacking. However, an attack does not mean that a team crossed the midfield line. The best practice here is to enter an Attack command when a team is getting close to creating a scoring chance. This could be:
- They are passing around the penalty box
- They are about to cross the ball to the penalty box
- They are in the penalty box
- They are having a dangerous counter attack
Please note that logically, a corner kick must have an Attack command before it is entered.
It is recommended not to enter Attack after a Free Kick that is far from the penalty box, even if you are sure that the ball will be crossed to the penalty box. However, Attack should be entered if a free kick is awarded close to the penalty box and you consider it dangerous.
How can I delete a command or comment?
Highlight the comment or command by clicking on it and then click CANCEL/DELETE COMMAND button. Confirm by clicking "Yes".
What is the best practice for doing a Live Report?
It is up to every individual, but the following tips are worth considering:
- Make sure you use Attack button to record each scoring chance
- Enter at least all cards, penalties, corners and shots – this will give a good overview of the game
- Enter comments when there are free kicks that are dangerous to clarify the situation
- Enter comments to mention game pace or domination of one side
- Enter comments to recommend betting markets to your audience
What happens if I am disconnected during a Live Report?
You will not be able to enter any data during this period. If you think your internet is not very stable, we recommend purchasing Support package. This means someone from ProTipster will be on standby and they will contact you immediately and enter the commands for you. Since Support is not a free service, you need to make sure you will earn enough money to afford it. No doubt Live Reports with "Support" option are more attractive, since this ensures the report will not be disturbed.
What is the best method of doing Live Report?
Make sure you do not focus only on one side: blend comments and statistics. It is important to have good communication with your audience while giving them the statistics they are after as well.
- Report each key statistic by using the buttons. You may select skipping some but make sure you understand the concept well and communicate it in the beginning of your Live Report e.g. "I will not be covering each Attack, I will use the ‘Attack’ button to signal scoring chances only".
- Write more about important scoring chances or facts like game pace or domination by using Comments.
- Give market/odds info and your betting recommendation from time to time. You can also post Picks. Remember, ProTipster is a betting site and people follow your Live Report only to get some insight before they place a bet.
See below for an example:
How can I price up my content?
Only you can know the true price of your content. However, we can help you with the following tips:
- How unique is the Info? If you provide Info that will lead to a killer pick in a low division game, charge as high as you want in reasonable terms.
- How good is your rating? Perhaps you want to post this for FREE to make some good marketing about your name. Do not forget ProTipster promotes good content on Facebook and Twitter so do not focus immediately on making money if you need to make a name first.
- Would you buy your own content? If yes, how much would you pay for it? Be honest and do not over analyse, just type a number…
- Do not forget about the limits – if too many people buy your Pick or Info, they will simply kill the market and the odds you put in your Pick will not be valid anymore. Make sure you monitor the odds after posting your Pick and remove it once odds go lower than the "value".
Remember that if you price it too cheap, too many people will buy it and the "value" of the Pick or Info will be gone. Price it too high, nobody will buy it and it will be a shame even if it is a great piece of content – nobody will know it ever existed…
How can I create a network?
Creating a network by following other members is not a problem – you can follow unlimited number of members. The hard part is to make others follow you. This requires posting good content and that requires everything we listed so far.
If you are good and seriously Pro, people will follow you. Once you make a name in a site like ProTipster, you will get a great network and you will also make money.
So, follow other good tipsters and post quality content, which will lead other members/tipsters to follow you.
How can I use the tags?
Just follow the instructions below.
- Make sure you select the right market as your Pick Tag.
- Do not choose an Info Tag unless you do provide Info in your pick. This will mislead people and they will rate your content badly.
- Make sure the Info Tag reflects the Info you are providing. Think for a few minutes before you select the Info Tag, since ProTipster will index your Info according to this selection.
Live Report (LR):
- Betting-oriented LR tag means you will be giving people recommendations on different markets and even Picks during your Live Report.
- Editorial means you will focus on reporting the game by comments rather than Statistics (pressing buttons).
- Statistical means you will focus on reporting the game by pressing the buttons rather than typing too much text (comments).
|New York KnicksvsBoston Celtics||Pick||Asian Handicap|
Current odds: 1.9 | No bet under: 1.9 | Pick odds 1.9
Current odds: 1.649 | No bet under: 1.675 | Pick odds 1.675
|San Antonio SpursvsL.A. Lakers||Pick||Under/Over|
Current odds: 1.9 | No bet under: 1.85 | Pick odds 1.95
|HammarbyvsÖrebro SK||Pick||Asian Handicap|
Current odds: 1.95 | No bet under: 1.95 | Pick odds 2.049
Current odds: 1.4 | No bet under: 1.44 | Pick odds 1.44
Current odds: 2.27 | No bet under: 2.12 | Pick odds 2.12
Current odds: 1.45 | No bet under: 1.4 | Pick odds 1.4
Current odds: 2 | No bet under: 2 | Pick odds 2
|KV MechelenvsOud-Heverlee Leuven||Pick||1X2|
Current odds: 1.84 | No bet under: 1.826 | Pick odds 1.826
|VVV VenlovsFC Twente||Pick||1X2|
Current odds: 1.75 | No bet under: 1.7 | Pick odds 1.7